Friday, December 9, 2011

The Valley - Day 2

Day 2

FRUSTRATED

How could the hospital just leave us with nothing? No real plan. No phone numbers. Ok, a crisis line for Mr.15. Nothing but a "Counseling is highly recommended". NO, Duhhh!!! And "He promised not to hurt himself today." Really?!!!! That's it?!!!

Will he try this again? What precautions do we need to take? How do we talk to him? What should we say? Will we make it worse?

Where do we begin? What all does he need? Do we need? Who to call first? Who will be able to get us in? Will it be a good fit? Will they be quacks? Will my son open up to anyone? How much will this all cost? What about us? Is there support for parents?

FRUSTRATED to the point of tears! And the medical doctor calls while they were pouring. "Do you want me to call you back another time?" "Uhhhh, NO, there may not be another good time." At least he will see Mr.15 tomorrow. And he will have phone numbers for me. I have a call in to our Family Life Pastor for numbers as well.

Who to tell? We need prayer and lots of it. Who do I trust? Will it harm Mr.15 if I tell? Our pastoral staff knows. Ok, I have two prayer warriors that I can call. And my two sisters. They have to love me anyways, right?

Will people choose to stay away from our family now? I wouldn't blame them. What about our amazing adoption story? Is that testimony marred now? Why am I even thinking about this? This is crazy! Who is safe?

Beyond FRUSTRATED!

All I can do is pray that God leads us to the right help and fast!

Verse:
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, " The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment